Thursday, March 26, 2009

Campout in Zions

Last weekend we went camping up in Zion National Park. It is about 25 min from our house, and in the last 5 years that we have lived here we have probably been there 4 times. Sad I know we will be going more now that Caden is getting older and is getting into hiking and camping. We had a good time, we went with some friends Eric and Maranda Miller and their kids Maya and Gavin. Chad and Eric use to work together. They look like they could be brothers and have a lot of the same interest like hunting fishing and shed hunting(looking for deer horns). They have been spending a lot of time together lately and decided to get their families together and venture into the outdoors. We just bought and new tent this year(one big enough for our family of 4) and are hoping to start camping more. I have great memories of camping trips when I was young and hope my kids will have the same. We had a fun time, we thought the wind was going to blow our tent down in the night, but other than that it was great!

Caden waking up from the night!
Chase sound asleep! He did really well in the night only woke up once, ate and went right back to sleep.

Caden, Gavin and Maya


Our little family waiting for dinner to cook!


Eric and Maranda!! Great picture I know but it is the only one I took of them. I hope they don't see this!




4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE to camp- looks like you had fun!

The Christensen Family said...

awe look how cuddly and little chase looks there hehe cute memories Katie

Heather said...

Hey Katie our blog is no longer private if you want to check it out ;0)

Heidi said...

Fun! That's something I want to do. I'm glad you explained "shed hunting." Sounds like a blast... ;)