ALOHA!!!!
Chad's Dad owns three Associated grocery stores and Associated plans a trip every year, this year we got to go and it was in
KAUAI HAWAII. Chad, myself and our two boys went along with Grandpa and Grandma Nelson and their business partners Lamar and Karen Heinhold. We had a
BLAST!! What a beautiful island, we went Maui two years ago and I think I liked Kauai more it was so green everywhere you looked. The boys were awesome on the airplane, there were about 200 people that traveled with Associated and we saw them throughout the week and someone was always telling me "your boys were so good on the plane", we lucked out. We spent a week there and enjoyed everyday. Here are some of the things we saw and did!!

Caden and Chase in their swim suits waiting to hit the beach!!

Caden at the
Lu'au, he was so entertained by this he liked watching the "fire man" and the dancers his eyes were so
big watching the performers.

We went to an old
Sugar Cane Plantation and took a tour on an old train. We stop and feed wild pigs and goats. They took us around and showed all different plants and trees that grow in Hawaii and told us all about the agriculture. This was very interesting did you know that a pineapple plant can only produce 2 pineapples in its lifetime and one pineapple takes 2 years to grow. Crazy!!

Caden trying coconut milk. He didn't like it nor did myself or Chad we did like the coconut.

Caden holding
Rico the parrot. The hotel we stayed at had 4 pet parrots in there lobby in the morning they would let you hold them and watch them
dance and
sing.

This is me on a zip line. It was so fun they drove us to the top of this jungle and they had 7 zip lines you rode to the bottom. I was
terrified on the first one but once I did it I loved it and by the end I was
brave and only holding on with one hand. Chad weighed 10 pounds over the weight limit so he couldn't go on this tour so his dad Gary and Lamar went with me. If you ever have a chance to try this I recommend it, everyone in our group
loved it!!

This is a
seal that was one the beach at our hotel. Almost everyday you could go to the beach and see one. A guy was telling us that these are an endangered species on this island (there are only 30 left) and in the day they come up on shore to sleep. This is something you don't get to see everyday.

Here's the crew Me, Chad, Caden, MarJean, Gary(Chad's parents), Chase, Karen and Lamar.
This picture was taken in the lobby of our hotel (Grand Hyatt). This place was amazing it was on 52 acres and had several swimming pools, water slide, and a salt water lagoon. There was a lot of walking at this hotel but it was worth it

Caden and myself getting ready to go on a
helicopter tour of the island. Caden
loved it he thought he was so
cool to ride in a helicopter. We saw several water falls (the tallest water fall in the world) and the beautiful county of Kauai. When we went to Maui we went on a helicopter tour, Chad had a cold and on the way down the pressure hurt his sinuses so bad he was miserable for days. He didn't want to chance it again so he stayed on the ground with Chase and Grandpa and Grandma Nelson went with us.

Grandpa Nelson and Caden boating in the salt water lagoon at the hotel.

Our little family on the beach. The wind blew constantly and the ocean was rough. Chad and I tried to go swimming one day and the waves kept going over our heads and pushing us under the water, I had a hard time catching my breath. It scared me and I got out, Chad was trying to body surf and was hit by a surf board. It didn't hurt him but that was the first and last day we tried swimming in the ocean. We became spectators after that.

Chad and Chase checking out the ocean!!
Aloha from the boys. When we arrived at the hotel they put lei's around your neck to welcome you.

Caden ready for
take off!!
5 comments:
This looks like so much fun! The boys are looking so big!
What a fun trip! I am glad you all had a great time!
How fun! you are so lucky to get to go and take the boys with you. Look at the memories you will have. I love the background it fits perfect with your pictures. Thank you so much again for getting all the stuff for Bailey. It will help so much with her report. I'm glad you had a good time and you made it home safe.
looks like you guys had an awesome time!! :) good for you!
That looks amazing! Hawaii is still somewhere I would love to go someday.
I am like you though- I really don't care for the ocean. I would rather be at the lake on a boat!
Post a Comment