Friday, February 5, 2010

MY MAN IS 30!

Yesterday was Chad's 30th Birthday. It didn't seem to bother him to much that he was 30. I think I had a harder time with it. Not that I care that he is 30, it just hit me that we are getting older and we aren't going to stay in our 20's forever. It is just WEIRD! I remember being in high school looking at couples with young kids at the same stage of life we are at and thinking that is so far away for me. Here I am and I don't know where the time went. I cant believe how fast my life has gone and changed since high school. I love my little family to pieces and wouldn't change anything but I would like to know where time goes.
I wanted to make a big deal of this birthday but if you know Chad you know he is a quiet guy and doesn't like a scene. We went out to dinner with our boys and came home for cake and Ice cream. Caden helped make the a cake and card, he even signed his name on the bottom of the card all by himself. I was so proud and so was he (we have been working on writing his name for a couple of weeks). We had a quiet evening and enjoyed spending time with each other. It doesn't get any better than that! Happy Birthday Babe! I am so blessed to have you as my husband and appreciate all you do for me and our boys. I hope to share many more birthdays together, even if it means were getting older.

The three cutest boys around!

Look at all that smoke. It took both Caden and Chad several blows to blow out all those candles.

1 comment:

Souza Family said...

Happy Birthday Chad!! I have recently been having similar thoughts: Where is the time going? and the sudden realization that my 20's are almost over!! What a life!